From "Ratner, Alan S (IS)" <Alan.Rat...@ngc.com>
Subject FixedLengthInputFormat: Patch 1176
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2010 15:36:31 GMT

I am trying to read in fixed-width records using the code from Patch
1176 (FixedLengthInputFormat and FixedLengthRecordReader) to use in
Hadoop 0.21.0.  (Rather than rebuild Hadoop I simply copied the code
into my Eclipse package.)  Eclipse recognizes FixedLengthInputFormat but
finds it incompatible with setInputFormat.  The error I get is:

The method setInputFormat(Class<? Extends InputFormat>) in the type
JobConf not applicable for the arguments (Class<FixedLengthInputFormat>)

                                    JobConf conf = new
JobConf(getConf(), ReadFixedWidthRecords.class);

conf.setInt("mapreduce.input.fixedlengthinputformat.record.length",222);

//conf.setInputFormat(TextInputFormat.class);

conf.setInputFormat(FixedLengthInputFormat.class);

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Alan