From "Johannes.Lichtenberger" <Johannes.Lichtenber...@uni-konstanz.de>
Subject setXIncludeAware(true) exception
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2010 12:45:56 GMT
I'm getting an exception when running Hadoop:

10/09/27 14:31:34 ERROR conf.Configuration: Failed to set
setXIncludeAware(true) for parser
org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl@406754d6:java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException:
This parser does not support specification "null" version "null"
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: This parser does not support
specification "null" version "null"
	at
javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory.setXIncludeAware(DocumentBuilderFactory.java:590)

I've searched through the web and found a solution, setting a system
property (in the default constructor):

    /**
     * Default constructor.
     */
    public SortWiki() {
        System.setProperty("javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory",

"com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl");
    }

    /**
     * Main method.
     *
     * @param args
     *            Program arguments.
     * @throws Exception
     *             Any exception which might have been occured while
running Hadoop.
     */
    public static void main(final String[] args) throws Exception {
        final long start = System.currentTimeMillis();
        System.out.println("Running!");
        final int res = ToolRunner.run(new Configuration(), new
SortWiki(), args);
        System.out.println("Done in " + (System.currentTimeMillis() -
start / 60) + " seconds");
        System.exit(res);
    }

But it seems it has no effect. I've also tried it with a static system
property:

    static {
        System.setProperty("javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory",

"com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl");
    }

    /**
     * Default constructor.
     */
    public SortWiki() {

    }

Nothing works...

Besides I still have the problem with setting up my testcase.

regards,
Johannes