From Martin Kuhn <martin.k...@affinitas.de>
Subject Re: Remote connection bottleneck?
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2010 08:18:41 GMT
Hi Mario,

> In the ssh I can't execute local files while my session is open...

Of course, you can refer to local files in the hadoop command, but
if you're in the ssh window, the files on your PC are remote ;-)

It should work fine if you put your jar via (win)scp on the remote
computer. With an appropriate hadoop configuration, you should also
be able to submit jobs directly from your local PC into the cluster,
without actually being part of it.

The only idea I have so far for your split problem is that you may
not have your big input file deployed on HDFS before you've started
your hadoop job?

Best regards.
martin.