From Martin Becker <_martinbec...@web.de>
Subject Re: JobClient using deprecated JobConf
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2010 16:59:56 GMT
  Hello Tom,
But could I also use the new API by doing this?:
     Configuration configuration = new Configuration();
     Cluster cluster = new Cluster(configuration);
     Job job = Job.getInstance(cluster);
     System.exit(job.waitForCompletion(true) ? 0 : 1);

If I do this I get the most peculiar error, telling me:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.addDeprecation(Ljava/lang/String;[Ljava/lang/String;)V

I looked into the source and this method does exist. I did use the
precomiled version of the jar files coming with the downloadable
MapReduce package.

Martin