From Henning Blohm <henning.bl...@zfabrik.de>
Subject Too large class path for map reduce jobs
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2010 11:56:09 GMT
When running map reduce tasks in Hadoop I run into classpath issues.
Contrary to previous posts, my problem is not that I am missing classes
on the Task's class path (we have a perfect solution for that) but
rather find too many (e.g. ECJ classes or jetty).

The libs in HADOOP_HOME/lib seem to contain everything needed to run
anything in Hadoop which is, I assume, much more than is needed to run a
map reduce task.

Is there a doable way of taking just those needed for map reduce jobs
and have the class path for m/r tasks point to just those?

I.e.: What would that set of libs comprise and where to specify the
class path for m/r tasks?

Thanks,
  Henning