From Pedro Costa <psdc1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How read a key/value pair?
Date Mon, 09 Aug 2010 00:24:55 GMT
1 - I would like to create a generic method that could read the map
outputs that are produced in the map side and print them out.

I facing some difficulties on knowing how to read the map output files
that are written in file or in memory in the map side.

Can you give me some example on how can I read this files?

2 - The MR uses class Segments during the sort phase. A Segment
correspond to a pair Key/value in a map output?
For example, if the mapper produces the following map output file:
<A, 1>
<B, 2>

This map output contains 2 segments?

--