From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANN] lzo indexing
Date Tue, 31 Aug 2010 18:49:18 GMT
Hey Todd,

> The existing hadoop-lzo project doesn't use the C code in indexing, though I
> think you're right that the classes will fail to initialize if the native
> libraries aren't available.

Well, it relies on the header reading of the codec.
But frankly speaking I missed the fact that the rest of the indexing
is done in LzoIndex.java (doh!)

> Could I encourage you to simply post a patch
> that fixes this rather than forking a new project?

It's not a fork but a clean room implementation.

I needed something simple and stupid - without lots of dependencies.
If someone wants to turn it into a patch - that's fine by me :)

cheers
--
Torsten