From Shuja Rehman <shujamug...@gmail.com>
Subject Custom Input Format in New API (Convert Mahaout XMLInput Format to New API)
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2010 12:07:47 GMT
Hi
I am trying to convert Mahout xmlInputFormat to new API but this is not
working. The problem which i think is that in old api we have next method
which takes key and value and we can set it in the method

    public boolean next(LongWritable key, Text value) throws IOException {

but in new API, the method signature is

public boolean nextKeyValue()

So now i am not sure where i set key and values. Here is the link of xml
Input format with old API

http://grepcode.com/file/repo1.maven.org/maven2/org.apache.mahout/mahout-examples/0.2/org/apache/mahout/classifier/bayes/XmlInputFormat.java

and i am attaching what i have done with it to convert it into new API so
far.

I am not sure about what i have done so far is correct. Kindly help me out
to sort out the problem

Thanks
--
Regards