From Aaron Kimball <aa...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: mrunit question
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2010 00:14:45 GMT
David,

Since you are directly instantiating the Mapper and Reducer (not using
ReflectionUtils), you are free to call setConf() yourself before you run the
test.

If you're using the old API (o.a.h.mrunit):

Mapper m = new Mapper();
MapDriver d = new MapDriver(m);
conf.set("foo", "bar");
m.setConf(conf);
d.withInput(k, v).withOutput(k2, v2).runTest();

If you're using the new API, there already is setConfiguration() and
withConfiguration(), which will set the Configuration being passed into
Context sent to your Mapper/Reducer's run() method.
See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/mapreduce-1569 where this was
introduced.

- Aaron