From Dennis <arsenep...@yahoo.com.cn>
Subject Re: Map output files contains headers?
Date Sun, 08 Aug 2010 13:54:38 GMT
Why donnot you check out the 10 bytes data and the 2 bytes data, to see the differences.
Dennis.

--- On Sun, 8/8/10, Pedro Costa <psdc1978@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Pedro Costa <psdc1978@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Map output files contains headers?
To: mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org
Date: Sunday, August 8, 2010, 9:26 PM

That's funny. I´m doing an hash to the map output file on the map side before it's written
to the memory, and doing another hash after reduce fetch the map output, as result I get 2
different hashes. The size of the data that is hashed in the map side is 10 bytes, and on
the reduce is 2 bytes.

Any idea why this is happening?