From "Benjamin Hiller" <Benjamin.Hil...@urz.uni-heidelberg.de>
Subject Reading File in constructor of Mapper
Date Sun, 25 Jul 2010 15:26:36 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to do the following and hope to get some help on this problem:

I want to run 2 consecutive jobs which both use the same input files, but the second should
use additional data/information generated by the first.
More specifically, I want each Mapper to read a single file (the output of the first job)
and put the key/value pairs of the file into a hashmap, before it starts mapping, because
the hashmap is needed in the map function.
How can I achieve this? Can I somehow use the constructor to do this?

Thanks,
Ben