From "Chinni, Ravi" <rchi...@syncsort.com>
Subject RE: Changing default separator for streaming application
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2010 14:02:31 GMT
Thanks. It helped. Not sure if this is documented anywhere on the hadoop
site.

One additional issue I am encountering:

I want the records from the reduce output to be '\r\n' terminated. Even
tough, I am putting a '\r\n' at the end of the value in my reduce script
function, the final output in the file has '\n'. Again it seems that the
framework is replacing '\r\n' by '\n'. Any ideas?

Ravi

From: Amareshwari Sri Ramadasu [mailto:amarsri@yahoo-inc.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2010 12:26 AM
To: mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Changing default separator for streaming application

Final output is written by OutputFormat. By default, TextOutputFormat
will write \t as the key-value separator. You can specify a different
key-value separator for TextOutputFormat by specifying the value for
configuration property "mapred.textoutputformat.separator". Try setting
' ' for the configuration.

Thanks
Amareshwari