From "Chinni, Ravi" <rchi...@syncsort.com>
Subject Changing default separator for streaming application
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2010 15:47:43 GMT
I am trying to develop a streaming MR application by implementing
korn-shell based mapper and reducer. I want to use 'space - x20' as the
separator between key and value throughout the application.

When invoking the application I specified  -D
stream.map.output.field.separator=" " -D
stream.reduce.output.field.seperator=" " options.

While in the output of my shell script I have a space between key and
value fields, the final output written by the framework to file has a
tab as the separator. It seems that the framework is replacing the space
separator by a tab separator in the output of mapper and reducer
functions.

If anyone has ideas on how I can fix this, please share it.

Thanks,

Ravi Chinni

ATTENTION:

The information contained in this message (including any files transmitted
with this message) may contain proprietary, trade secret or other
confidential and/or legally privileged information. Any pricing
information contained in this message or in any files transmitted with
this message is always confidential and cannot be shared with any third
parties without prior written approval from Syncsort. This message is
intended to be read only by the individual or entity to whom it is
addressed or by their designee. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, you are on notice that any use, disclosure, copying or
distribution of this message, in any form, is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender
and/or Syncsort and destroy all copies of this message in your possession,
custody or control.