From "Giridhar Addepalli" <giridhar.addepa...@komli.com>
Subject trying to write output to a file whose name i can have control over
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2010 12:49:01 GMT
Hi,

I am using hadoop 0.20.2

Maperduce framework by default writes output to part-r-0000 etc.

I want to write to a file with different name.

I am trying to override "getDefaultWorkFile" method in TextOutputFormat
class.

I am getting following error :

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Can not create a Path from a null
string

                at org.apache.hadoop.fs.Path.checkPathArg(Path.java:78)

                at org.apache.hadoop.fs.Path.<init>(Path.java:90)

                at org.apache.hadoop.fs.Path.<init>(Path.java:50)

                at
com.output.CustomizeOutputFormat.getDefaultWorkFile(CustomizeOutputForma
t.java:38)

                at
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.output.TextOutputFormat.getRecordWriter(
TextOutputFormat.java:125)

                at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.ReduceTask.runNewReducer(ReduceTask.java:553)

                at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.ReduceTask.run(ReduceTask.java:408)

Please find attached source files.

Please help,

Giridhar.