From psdc1978 <psdc1...@gmail.com>
Subject Trying to relate a split file to a input file
Date Tue, 18 May 2010 17:01:22 GMT
Hi,

I'm study the MapReduce code, and I've the following questions:

1 - I'm running the wordcount example. I've 3 txt files as input. Each txt
file is about 120Mb.

During the execution of the map tasks, a number of map tasks will read the
txt files. Each file is divided in split files. I would like to know to each
txt file corresponds a split.
For example, for the A.txt file, it will be created 2 splits (split0 and
split1) of 64Mb each. I would like to know that split0 and split1 belongs to
A.txt.
Is it possible? If I've to do some code, is there any object that contains
this data?

2 -
The Job task uses a job.split file. What contains this file and what is the
purpose of this file?

Thanks,

--
PSC