From James Hammerton <james.hammer...@mendeley.com>
Subject Unable to read sequence file produced by MR job
Date Thu, 27 May 2010 18:07:09 GMT
Hi,

I tried using the "hadoop fs -text" command to read a sequence file
generated by a map reduce job and got the following error:

text: java.io.IOException: WritableName can't load class:
com.mendeley.clusterer.title.ShortDocWritables

The ShortDocWritables is a Writable I created myself and the sequencefile
contains these objects. How do I tell this command where to find the class?

There was no trouble at all running the map reduce job that produced the
file.

James

--
James Hammerton | Senior Data Mining Engineer
www.mendeley.com/profiles/james-hammerton