From Nick Jones <darel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop over the internet
Date Sat, 17 Apr 2010 17:53:13 GMT
I think the biggest issue would be upstream bandwidth and latency.  If the
thought was to use a Seti type approach, most users wouldn't have the
necessary upstream bandwidth to support the DFS.  It would be likely that a
few local desktop machines would significantly out pace a much larger
DSL/cable/etc. based "cluster."

Nick