From Utku Can Top├žu <u...@topcu.gen.tr>
Subject OutPutFormat for running the execution on each key:value pair
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2010 11:45:31 GMT
Hello All,

I've been looking for the documentation and the API docs,
however I couldn't find an OutPutFormat that will go through all the reduce
emits as key:value pairs by running an execute method for each pair.

Say, I've reduced hostnames as keys, and want to ping every hostname that
I've reduced as key and store the results of pings in a MySQL table or so.

So basically,
What I'm thinking of was such a method like:

outputExec(K key, V value){
pingResult = ping(key)
writetoMysql(value,pingResult)
}

Is there such an OutPutFormat implementation currently in Hadoop? If not so,
I'd like to start doing something that fits my needs and try to contribute
in to the project, but I think I'll need some guidance beforehand dealing
with the OutPutFormat.

Best Regards,
Utku