From Deepika Khera <Deepika.Kh...@avg.com>
Subject RE: Setting Committer for a map reduce job
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2010 18:27:18 GMT
Thanks Arun!

From: Arun C Murthy [mailto:acm@yahoo-inc.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2010 4:22 PM
To: mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Setting Committer for a map reduce job

In the new context-objects api the OutputFormat has the necessary apis to setup the OutputCommitter.

Arun

On Apr 7, 2010, at 3:50 PM, Deepika Khera wrote:

Hi,

I have been using the JobConf.setOutputCommitter() method to set my own OutputCommitter for
a map reduce job.  With hadoop v 0.20 since this class is deprecated, what will be the alternate
to set a custom OutputCommitter?  I tried setting the property "mapred.output.committer.class"
in Configuration , but that seems like an invalid property. Have not been able to find an
alternate to do this.

Thanks,
Deepika