From Harold Lim <rold...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: map reduce metrics / jmx
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2010 18:22:48 GMT
Hi Philip,

So, there is no way to get the jobtracker metrics through jmx?

Currently, I use hyperic (which uses jmx) to monitor HDFS. Basically, anything with jmx, can
be monitored through hyperic.

-Harold

--- On Fri, 4/9/10, Philip Zeyliger <philip@cloudera.com> wrote:

From: Philip Zeyliger <philip@cloudera.com>
Subject: Re: map reduce metrics / jmx
To: mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org
Date: Friday, April 9, 2010, 2:56 PM

Some metrics are also available at the http://localhost:50030/metrics endpoint.  You might
need hadoop-metrics.properties configured appropriately for them to appear.

Cheers,
-- Philip

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 6:06 PM, Harold Lim <rold_50@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi,

Is there a way to get jobtracker metrics, such as job completed, etc?

For HDFS, I am using jmx to get the metrics.

However, when I use jmx to get metrics from the job tracker, the only bean I see is org.apache.hadoop.ipc.metrics.RpcActivityMBean.

Is there a config file that I have to do to enable other jobtracker-specific metrics in jmx?

Thanks,

Harold