From Druilhe Remi <remi.drui...@ens-lyon.fr>
Subject Separate communications of HDFS and MapReduce
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2010 13:23:58 GMT
Hi,

I am working on TCP communications in Hadoop and I would like to know if it is existing a
way to separate easily communications between the processes of HDFS and MapReduce (without
modifying source code).

For example, when I run "wordcount" example, there is HDFS communications and MapReduce communications
and I am not able to distinguish which packet belong to HDFS or to MapReduce.

A way could be to use odd port number for HDFS and even port number for MapReduce, but I think
I have to modify source code.

Thanks,

Regards,
--