From psdc1978 <psdc1...@gmail.com>
Subject Difference between some MR classes
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2010 20:50:59 GMT
Hi,

I've look to the hadoop-0.20.1 source and I've the following questions:

1 - As I understand from the source code, LocalJobRunner is a class used to
run a map or reduce task. But a MR task is launched by the class JvmTask.
What's the difference between the MR from the LocalJobRunner and from the
JvmTask?

2 - What's the purpose of the class org.apache.hadoop.mapred.Maptask? What
the difference between this class and TaskInProgress class?

Regards
--
PSC