From Lu welman <welmanwe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How can I get system environment variable in core-site.xml
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2010 16:28:54 GMT
Dear Jeff,

First, thank you very much for your selfless help!
For these three computers, it just seems like they are sharing a same disk
area. I don't know whether they will redundant copy data or other way.
Any way, let me use an example to explain that.
When I create any file, e.g., foo in one of these computers, A.
Then from the other two nodes, B and C, I can see the same file foo.

Below is the log in my system,

The success one records like this,  you can see that this machine have
format that directory,

2010-03-11 17:17:12,689 INFO
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.common.Storage: Storage directory
$HOME/data/dir is not formatted.
2010-03-11 17:17:12,689 INFO
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.common.Storage: Formatting ...

The fail node then records like this, he can't use the same directory,
because this directory is locked.
2010-03-11 17:17:09,176 INFO
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.common.Storage: Cannot lock storage
$HOME/data/dir. The directory is already locked.

2010-03-11 17:17:09,288 ERROR
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode: java.io.IOException:
Cannot lock storage $HOME/data/dir. The directory is already locked.

May be these three directories are on independent disks, but from hadoop's
point, it's a same directory, and only can be locked once.
So that why I can't deploy Hadoop.

Best Regards
welman Lu