From Lu welman <welmanwe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How can I get system environment variable in core-site.xml
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2010 15:41:02 GMT
Hi, Jeff,

I think I misunderstand what you said about.
I think you want to say is that I can set ${hostname} in *-site.xml,
then I can use the codes  you mentioned to get the hostname in my own
program, right?

Sorry that I didn't make my question clear.
The problem of mine now, is that I am deploying Hadoop on three computers,
but all three computers are sharing a same $HOME directory.
So that when I set the "dfs.data.dir" property in hdfs-site.xml, all three
computers will set their data directory into a same one.
When the HDFS starts, then only one datanode can lock the directory, and the
other two are fail.

My idea is that use $HOSTNAME to denote different directories to different
nodes.
But since you said there is no this internal environment variable inside,
then I think I have do find another way.

Can you tell me where I can find all those internal support variables?
Maybe I can find something inside.

Thank you!