From Raghava Mutharaju <m.vijayaragh...@gmail.com>
Subject appending to files on HDFS
Date Wed, 17 Feb 2010 00:54:46 GMT
Hi all,

      I am using hadoop 0.20.1 version. I am trying to append some content
from a file on HDFS to another file on HDFS. I am using FileSystem.append()
method to get the stream and then passed it to IOUtils.copyBytes() method. I
got the following exception

org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException: java.io.IOException: Append to hdfs
not supported. Please refer to dfs.support.append configuration parameter.

I set the dfs.support.append to true in hdfs-site.xml. I restarted hadoop
(stop-all & start-all) after this. Even after this, I am getting the above
exception.

Where am I going wrong?

Thank you for your suggestions.

Regards,