From Matt Steele <rmattste...@gmail.com>
Subject version of NLineInputFormat with new API?
Date Sat, 23 Jan 2010 02:10:09 GMT
I'd like to use something like NLineInputFormat, because I have small files
that trigger lots of work, and I'd like to send one line to each mapper.
I'd also like to use the new API to configure my job.  But I see that you
can't pass an NLineInputFormat to
hadoop.mapreduce.Job.setInputFormatClass(), because NLineInputFormat doesn't
inherit from mapreduce.InputFormat.  (It's part of the old API; it inherits
from mapred.InputFormat).  Is there a way to get the functionality I need
with the new API?

Thanks,
Matt