From Amogh Vasekar <am...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: chained mappers & reducers
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2010 06:53:03 GMT
Hi,
Can you elaborate on your case a little?
If you need sort and shuffle ( ie outputs of different reducer tasks of R1 to be aggregated
in some way ) , you have to write another map-red job. If you need to process only local reducer
data ( ie your reducer output key is same as input key ),  your job would be M1-R1-M2. Essentially
in Hadoop, you can have one sort and shuffle phase in one job.
Note that chain APIs are for jobs of the form (M+RM*).

Amogh