From Eric Yang <ey...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Add user jars to mapreduce
Date Mon, 04 Jan 2010 18:11:28 GMT

>> Your above code should work properly. Added jars will not be part of job.jar.
>> The addon.jar will be uploaded by the client, the added libjars will be added
>> to classpath using DistributedCache.
>> So, above code should work unless your path to jar or the jar itself was
>> wrong.

When the path is wrong or jar is corrupted, there are exceptions thrown.  I
am not getting neither exception messages.  Therefore, I assume the jar file
is loaded as expected.

I also tried another method by using DistributedCache syntax to add jar from
HDFS to jobconf, and run the job.  It didsn't work neither.

Is there any procedure that I could follow to debug this further?

Regards,
Eric