From cy...@gmx.net
Subject [No Subject]
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2009 11:20:41 GMT
Hi,
i want to write a files to hdfs, using hadoop pipes. can anyone tell me how to do that?
Im using an external library that writes its output to disk, so probably i have to read that
output and write it to the distributed filesystem?
I found only FSDataOutputStream, a java class.
Can anyone help?
Moreover, can anyone tell me where i can find goot documentation about hadoop pipes? Nearly
everything i find is java specific or general information about MapReduce. I looked at the
hadoop pipes source and it looked very restricted, can i do everything in hadoop pipes that
is possible to do in java?

Thanks for your help
Frank