From psdc1978 <psdc1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How compile hadoop-0.20.1
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2009 10:17:24 GMT
 Hi all,

1 - I'm trying to compile hadoop-0.20.1 but I'm facing several errors.
 Hadoop includes several subprojects, but these subprojects are all
compiled in one file called hadoop-0.20.1-core.jar. If I just want to
update the code in the MapReduce component, do I have to compile all
the project?

2 - Why Hadoop only have one jar  (hadoop-0.20.1-core.jar) for all the
project? For example, MapReduce subcomponent could be inside
mapreduce.jar, Common subcomponent could be inside common.jar, HDFS
subcomponent could be inside hdfs.jar, etc.

3 - Is there any tutorial that helps how to compile Hadoop, especially
only the MapReduce component?

4 - Should I try to compile MapReduce in windows with Cygwin, or
should I compile inside Ubuntu?

Thanks,
 --
 Pedro