From "johnny.reborn" <johnny.reb...@163.com>
Subject about: Running Hadoop on Jetty/Tomcat in WIN32
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2009 13:07:04 GMT
Dear Hadoop fellows,

We have been using Hadoop-0.18.3 to run MapReduce in web application. We have tried to run
the application in both Jetty 6.1 and Tomcat 6.0.

At first, we directly call the mapreduce function in MapReduce, however found out that we
were not able to access to HDFS in this way. So we tried to write a bash file as follows (to
run the example jar for test):
########################
cd ~/hadoop-0.18.3
hadoop jar hadoop-0.18.3-examples.jar pi 1 10
echo 'done'

And then we used Java Runtime.class to execute the bash file in cmd (we have successfully
run the bash file in cmd before). However, the execution was stuck after displaying "Starting
jobs". And no exception was found in any log file of Hadoop. I wonder if there is any configuration
process to run MapReduce in Jetty/Tomcat. Any suggestion will be appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Guangxishui Yang