From Ed Mazur <ma...@cs.umass.edu>
Subject Map output compression leads to JVM crash (0.20.0)
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2009 03:36:52 GMT
I'm having problems on 0.20.0 when map output compression is enabled.
Map tasks complete (TaskRunner: Task 'attempt_*' done), but it looks
like the JVM running the task crashes immediately after.  Here's the
TaskTracker log:

java.io.IOException: Task process exit with nonzero status of 134.
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskRunner.run(TaskRunner.java:418)

An error per task attempt.  Each also produces a JRE error report file:

http://pastebin.com/f590087f0

This was using DefaultCodec.  I observed similar results with GzipCodec.

Ed Mazur