From Geoffry Roberts <geoffry.robe...@gmail.com>
Subject Does Using MultipleTextOutputFormat Require the Deprecated API?
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2009 20:44:33 GMT
All,

What I want to do is output from my reducer multiple files one for each key
value.

Can this still be done in the current API?

It seems that using MultipleTextOutputFormat requires one to use deprecated
parts of API.

It this correct?

I would like to use the class or its equivalent and stay off anything
deprecated.

Is there a work around?

In the current API one uses Job and a class derived from the
classorg.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.OutputFormat.
MultipleTextOutputFormat does not derive from this class.

Job.setOutputFormatClass(Class<? extends org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.
OutputFormat>);

In the Old, deprecated API, one uses JobConf and an implementation of the
interface org.apache.hadoop.mapred.OutputFormat.  MultipleTextOutputFormat
is just such an implementation.

JobConf.setOutputFormat(Class<? extends org.apache.hadoop.mapred .
OutputFormat);