From Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com>
Subject How to migrate to Hadoop 0.20.0 / new Job class?
Date Sat, 29 Aug 2009 10:20:32 GMT
I think I am missing something big. But, I can't figure out how to
migrate to Mapreduce 0.20.0. Here's what I think I know:

- The org.apache.hadoop.mapred.* classes are deprecated -- so we
shouldn't use them.
- The examples still use org.apache.hadoop.mapred.* classes
- But it's not terribly hard to figure out how to use new
org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.* classes, et al.
- But when running a Job with Job.waitForCompletion(), ultimately it
uses the old JobConf class internally
- This class still checks that, for instance, your Mapper is an
instance of org.apache.hadoop.mapred.Mapper and so it fails.

Am I missing how to configure and run a Job in 0.20.0? It seems like
only 0.19.x-compatible code runs, but, at the same time these classes
are deprecated.

Sean