From Jeff Hammerbacher <ham...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop mapReduce clarification
Date Sun, 30 Aug 2009 22:04:22 GMT
(moved to mapreduce-user)
Hey Deepak,

There's a slightly dated blog post from Aaron Kimball about how to use
DBInputFormat to run a Hadoop MapReduce job over records stored in a
database:
http://www.cloudera.com/blog/2009/03/06/database-access-with-hadoop/.

If you'd rather move the data from your RDBMS into HDFS and perform the
MapReduce processing there, check out Sqoop:
http://www.cloudera.com/hadoop-sqoop.

Later,
Jeff