From Chris Riccomini <criccom...@linkedin.com>
Subject Re: More than one RM in YARN?
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2012 17:20:52 GMT
Hey Bikas,

Correct.

Initially, I'd hoped that NMs failed over to appropriate RMs via ZK
notifications. When that didn't seem to be implemented, I hoped that RMs,
at least kept in sync with each other via ZK, so that I could use a round
robin DNS (or HW load balancer) for the RMs. When that didn't seem to be
implemented, I decided to just use DNS and a manual failover.

Simple is best, I suppose.

Cheers,
Chris