From Bikas Saha <bi...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop 2.0 / YARN - getting full node report in application master
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2012 17:54:13 GMT
Here's the javadoc for getUpdatedNodes(). It says that the return value is
the delta of the updated nodes since the last response. So the API gives
one the difference between the updated nodes since the last time one
called allocate().
One could augment the doc to clarify that nothing will be returned in the
first call to allocate(). Also, it will help everyone if the wording of
the doc could be made more clear. So I would gladly change that based on
suggestions. Or you could do it yourself.

  /**
could be
   * changes in health, availability etc of the nodes.
   * @return The delta of updated nodes since the last response
   */