From Robert Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: try to fix hadoop streaming bug
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2012 13:33:01 GMT
It looks like your jar's MANIFEST file is missing the Main Class attribute.  It may have something
to do with how you created the updated jar you are using.  Hadoop is trying to run the jar,
and because it did not find the MainClass in the jar's manifest it thinks you are supplying
it as the next argument, and looking for the -mapper class, which obviously does not exist.
 You can either update the MANIFEST when you build the jar, or you can supply the main class
on the command line like

hadoop <path>/hadoop-streaming.jar org.apache.hadoop.streaming.HadoopStreaming -mapper

--Bobby Evans