From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: AbandonBlockRequestProto cannot be resolved
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2012 17:01:56 GMT
Hi Gourav,

As mentioned on http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToContribute and
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/QwertyManiac/BuildingHadoopTrunk (I
gotta update this for branch-2 (rebranding of branch-0.23 rolling
ahead), etc. now though), did you install the protocol buffers
dependencies on your machine and have the 'protoc' command in PATH?
That may be one cause of these errors you see.

In any case, try a {{mvn clean compile}} from the command line (from
root of the cloned repo) to get more info on what causes a build
failure.

--
Harsh J