From HU Wenjing A <Wenjing.a...@alcatel-sbell.com.cn>
Subject try to fix hadoop streaming bug
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2012 10:01:01 GMT
Hi all,

   I tried to fix the hadoop streaming bug for the version 0.21.0 (streaming overrides user
given output key and value types). I saw some useful message about this issue on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-1888?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
and modified some code following the patch file. I modified and compiled the code. It seems
only about thirteen .java files need to be modified. But when I tried to replace the old .classes
files using the new ones, I can only find StreamJob.class in ${hadoop_home}/ /root/hadoop-0.21.0/mapred/contrib/streaming/hadoop-0.21.0-streaming.jar.
 And the other twelve modified files could't be found in any jar files in the ${hadoop_home}
directory.
Then I executed the command "bin/hadoop jar mapred/contrib/streaming/hadoop-0.21.0-streaming.jar
 -mapper org.apache.hadoop.mapred.lib.IdentityMapper  -reducer NONE -input input -output output"
with the modified streaming jar and just received some error information:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: -mapper

And I think this error should have some thing to do with the modification of the StreamJob.java.
But I saw someone says they have fixed the streaming override issue using the patch.
So, Could anyone give me some suggestion about this issue? Or just give me another way to
fix the bug?

Thanks in advance!  : )

Thanks & best regards,
Wenjing