From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: heartbeat message
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2012 19:49:41 GMT
Hi Ashwini,

Look at the TaskTrackerStatus class. It implements Writable, and hence
if you look at readFields(…) and write(…) method implementations,
you'll get a hint on how to extend it further with your info.

Btw, upstream Apache Hadoop (2.x and trunk) no longer carries
TaskTracker daemons. These have been replaced by NodeManager in the
new framework, and I also recommend working with that at the same time
- unless you're okay with just 1.x extensibility.

--
Harsh J