From Steve Loughran <steve.lough...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT] - [VOTE] Rename hadoop branches post hadoop-1.x
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2012 16:32:28 GMT
On 28 March 2012 06:31, Arun C Murthy <acm@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> >> (3) Rename branch-0.23 to branch-2, keep branch-0.22 as-is.

Quick follow up on this

-there is now a branch-2 that replaced branch-0.23,

http://svn.eu.apache.org/viewvc/hadoop/common/branches/branch-0.23/

-but there is still a 0.23.2 that is having some active work on it

http://svn.eu.apache.org/viewvc/hadoop/common/branches/branch-2/

Can I verify then that If i were to push changes into trunk and then into
the Hadoop 2.0 branch, I should check out the branch-2 branch and ignore
the older 0.23, branch?

And if that is so, should the 0.23 branch still be active at all?