From Arun C Murthy <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Optimized Hadoop
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2012 15:38:29 GMT
Interesting, thanks for sharing.

Are you planning on contributing any of these back to Apache Hadoop?

Also, hadoop-0.23.1 significantly outperforms hadoop-1 (previously hadoop-0.20.xxx) on both
framework (map/reduce task launch) and runtime (sort, shuffle etc.). Also makes it much easier
to implement Distributed Worker Pool with the newer MRv2 (YARN) architecture. We would love
to have you involved and to contribute back.

Arun

--
Arun C. Murthy
Hortonworks Inc.