From Robert Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Incremental builds in 0.23 using Maven
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2011 15:36:02 GMT
Praveen,

One thing to be aware of with removing the clean is that I have run into situations, in both
hadoop and in other projects, where an API changed as part of the update or something and
maven did not realize it and did not rebuild something that depended on it.  I then got a
runtime error and after doing a clean I got a compile error.  I have also seen situations
where the tar.gz package for hadoop was not properly updated and after deploying, it did not
have my fix in it.  It took me a long time to figure out why my fix did not work.  After doing
a clean and rebuilding/redeploying everything worked just fine.  I have not had the time to
dig though why that is happening or file any JIRAs on them.  Also it is rather rare, but if
I want to be sure something has my changes in it I always do a clean first.

--Bobby Evans