From Patrick Wendell <pwend...@eecs.berkeley.edu>
Subject Multiple resource requests for a given node (or all nodes)?
Date Sat, 10 Dec 2011 20:23:34 GMT
If you look at how resource requests are stored now, they use a map
keyed on the node hostname.

== AppSchedulingInfo.java ==

  final Map<Priority, Map<String, ResourceRequest>> requests =
    new HashMap<Priority, Map<String, ResourceRequest>>();

========

What happens if an application wants to request multiple container
types on a given node. E.g. say I need 10 2GB containers and 10 1GB
containers, and I don't care which node they are on (i.e. RMNode.ANY).
I really want to store 2 resource requests under RMNode.ANY in this
case... don't I?

Is the model just that an AM would ask for these in series?

- Patrick