From <Milind.Bhandar...@emc.com>
Subject Yarn NodeManager services
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2011 21:05:38 GMT
Hi,

As part of MPI implementation in Yarn (aka Hamster), I was looking at
refactoring some of the functionality into node manager services, so that
it can be reused by other frameworks too. (Based on the discussion with
some folks led me to believe that suffle etc is also being planned as NM
service, separating it from deep integration with node manager.)

I could not find the documentation for building NM services, in the MR-279
architecture PDF. Does the service need to reside inside the NM jvm ?  How
does NM talk to the service ? How do containers discover the service ? (I
know I can look at the code, but if there is already some docs (or even
philosophical musings :-), it will make my life easier.

Thanks,

- milind

---
Milind Bhandarkar
Greenplum Labs, EMC
(Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in this email are those of the author, and
do not necessarily represent the views of any organization, past or
present, the author might be affiliated with.)