From Robert Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Start Nodemanager with webapp disabled.
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2011 14:38:39 GMT
The simplest way is to use ephemeral ports.  Set the port number to 0 in the config and the
node manager will pick a free port to listen on.  It will then heartbeat back into the Resource
Manager with the port it is listening on and the RM can pass that info off to whoever else
needs it.  I am not positive that this will work in all cases as I have not tried it myself.
 There is some work to enable this in the mini yarn cluster.

--Bobby Evans