From Hitesh Shah <hit...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Howto kill a container?
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 19:32:52 GMT
Hi Chris

The AM should send a stop container request to the ContainerManager to kill the container
in question. This will trigger a kill event to the running container and eventually, when
the AM talks to the RM, the killed container would be part of the completed containers list
in allocate response.

-- Hitesh

On Oct 25, 2011, at 11:34 AM, Chris Riccomini wrote:

> Hey Guys,
>
> How exactly do you have an AM kill a container?
>
> I send an allocate() request with the container id in release, but it appears that the
RM doesn’t ACTUALLY release the container until the container stops. I assume that there’s
a way for the AM to to tell the RM to tell the NM to kill the container, or that there’s
a way for the container to get its current state, and see if it’s been released so that
it can shutdown gracefully.