From Kamesh <kames...@imaginea.com>
Subject Application/Job is hanging! validate
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2011 13:25:48 GMT
Hi All,
  I submitted an application to YARN. But there are no containers
available. In this case job got hanged indefinitely.
  I reproduced this in a pseudo cluster mode with the following steps.

Steps to reproduce

1) let the amount of memory the MR app master needs be 2GB.
2) let the Nodemanager's capability be 1GB.

In the above case, no of available containers is 0 and so the job could
not able to get a chance to run due to containers unavailability.

Please validate the above case.

--
Thanks&Regards,
Bh.V.S.Kamesh.