From Prashant <prashan...@imaginea.com>
Subject Re: Start Nodemanager with webapp disabled.
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2011 05:26:39 GMT
On 10/05/2011 08:08 PM, Robert Evans wrote:
> The simplest way is to use ephemeral ports.  Set the port number to 0 in the config and
the node manager will pick a free port to listen on.  It will then heartbeat back into the
Resource Manager with the port it is listening on and the RM can pass that info off to whoever
else needs it.  I am not positive that this will work in all cases as I have not tried it
myself.  There is some work to enable this in the mini yarn cluster.

> --Bobby Evans
>
> On 10/5/11 3:24 AM, "Prashant Sharma"<prashant.iiith@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
> Hi all,
> Is it possible to start NM daemon with webapp disabled. Overriding
> port address in yarn-site is not an option. Since I want more than one
> NM to be started. I tried passing the property
> -Dyarn.nodemanager.webapp.address=localhost:port in command line
> options unfortunately that doesnot seem to override the default.
>
> Thanks
> Prashant.

Thanks Bobby ,
There was a problem with using ephemeral ports for the property
"mapreduce.shuffle.port" which got fixed after an svn update.
Guys check this out in your free time

--prashant